Files under 80MB can easily be uploaded directly within your NetGalley client account.
If your content file is over 80MB, or you need to upload multiple files at once, your files must be uploaded using FTP (File Transfer Protocol) or SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol). Content files, jacket covers, and manifests (to indicate a list of ISBNs to create) can also be uploaded in batch to NetGalley using FTP or SFTP. Instructions for using the NetGalley FTP follow.
SFTP is a more secure way to transfer assets and we recommend this method when uploading files to NetGalley’s FTP site. The SFTP address is sftp://ftp.netgalley.com, and you can use the same login and password to access your account. Files are placed in the _INBOX, and follow the exact same import processing schedule as FTP.
Upload files to sftp://ftp.netgalley.com using Filezilla (Mac and PC) or using File Explorer (PC only). In either case, please note the following important information:
- Cover and content files must be named with the same 13-digit ISBN that matches the title on NetGalley
- Please do not insert spaces or hyphens (e.g. 9781234567890.pdf)
- Complete Audiobook files must be under 1GB; EPUB or PDF files should ideally be around 40MB, but we can accept larger files. See here for more information.
Please follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Download FileZilla (for free) if you have not done so already
- Enter sftp://ftp.netgalley.com in the Host Field
- Enter your FTP username and password.* (These will be different from your NetGalley login.)
- Click Quickconnect
- Drag files from your computer (the left panel), to the _INBOX folder in the right panel. Please ensure that the file goes inside the _INBOX and does not sit outside the _INBOX folder. Files outside the _INBOX folder will not be processed.
The image below shows the left panel “local file structure.” This is an image of your computer desktop where you will be able to find your files. The right panel is the “FTP directory.” The bottom panel shows the status of your file transfers.
Using File Explorer
You may use File explorer to use regular FTP instead of SFTP. Please follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Click the File Explorer icon on your computer. (For most PC users, a shortcut can be found on your computer’s taskbar.)
- In address bar, type ftp://ftp.netgalley.com
- Click Enter
- A popup will appear, prompting you to log in with your FTP credentials. Enter your FTP username and password.* (These will be different from your NetGalley login.)
- Click Log On
You can now upload files by dragging and dropping them into the _INBOX folder.
*Please contact us by email, concierge[at]netgalley.com, if you do not know your FTP username or password, or if you need any other assistance.